Sunday, January 30, 2011

Panoramic

This was a brand new concept for me. I had never realized before that you could take several pictures (without the panoramic option on your camera) and blend them together with Photoshop. Photomerge is a great tool and that is what I used to create this image. I took five separate pictures of the temple and then blended them together with photomerge. I added some brightness and contrast to the image and cropped it slightly as well. I also used the content aware tool in CS5 (it's totally awesome) to help increase my borders so I didn't have to crop in as much.
 
 

 

Rexburg Beauty: 1/30/11—5:24 PM; Rexburg, ID; f/5.2; 1/400 sec; Sony DSC-S930

2 comments:

Doug Holladay said...

This is a great shot. I like how the temple is almost outlined in a kind of halo. I know that sometimes you can get an undesired halo effect when you use photomerge but that really isn't the case in this shot. Did you do that on purpose? I also like how you left a lot of space at the top...it really gives the impression that the temple leads us to heaven. Nice Work!

Unknown said...

Nice work on your temple pano, and the salt trick is awesome. I also loved your orange flower on a previous post. You are getting some great shots, but I think you could push your edits a little further. Maybe some more dramatic sats and levels, or even a burned border (vignette). The geese and salt trick could be a little lighter. Keep taking those great shots. That is most important! Editing will come with a little more time. :)